Another vegan patty recipe that is delicious. The patties and hold their shape and can be eaten hot or cold.
- baking paper
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 cup finely grated walnuts or pecans
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 grated onion
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 small bunch parsley – finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- Tamari (optional)
- juice from a small lemon
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
- Grind oats into a coarse mixture in a food processor.
- Add beans, nuts, onion, garlic, turmeric and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend.
- Use spoons and spatula to shape into patties. They are too sticky to use hands.
- Place patties on baking tray using the baking paper.
- Cook 30 minutes at 180ºC then turn for another 15 minutes.
- Let the patties cool for 10-15 minutes as they hold their shape better.
- Serve with salad.
Last updated on Wednesday 15 November 2023 at 20:23 by administrators